I avoid the news like the plague! Its always so depressing with wars and murders and URGH!
But I stumbled upon a wonderful news article from last year which restored my faith in humanity!
Firefighters give oxygen to hamsters trapped in trailer home blaze
Any headline with the word hamster in it tends to grab my attention but this had got me smiling more so!
When a mobile home was ablaze in Washington, firemen wasted no time in getting to the scene.
The crew, from the Lacey Fire Department, relied on ‘pet emergency pocket guides’ to bring the injured rodents back to life – and even used oxygen and first aid to treat the pets.
According to KOMO, five rodents – Oreo, Madonna and three unnamed baby hamsters – were recovered. Unfortunately, one of the pets died in the aftermath.
Thankfully, no humans were in the trailer at the time. It is believed the fire was caused by a faulty clothes dryer.
The fire department later tweeted: ‘Yes. Our crews are trained and specially equipped to care for animals that have been rescued from a house fire.’
Article courtesy of METRO.CO.UK 🙂
And if that does warm your heart then I don’t know what will! What a glorious fire service Washington have. I hope I’d have such a caring emergency service team if I ever need!
Round of applause for the animals lovers of the world 🙂